Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hello there, hello to the other human that is reading my words this very moment. Some people that know me might think it's odd that I haven't started a blog before. They may find it odd because most people that know me, know I like to talk. My filter, the poor one I have, doesn't always get used; however the Lord is working on that in me. In the past I have been tempted to start a blog. The reason I equate that urge with temptation, is because I think in the past it was when I wanted to get on my soap box. I never wanted to start one because I didn't want people to think I am conceited or prideful, (which I am very much conceited and full of self pride, we all are) like I have this whole life thing figured out, and anyone who has the blessing of getting to read my words will be better off... Also, I am competitive, and a little perfectionist when it comes to some things, so I really don't want what I write to be public unless I approve it as being awesome.
But here is the deal: I have come to the realization that what God the Father has done, through the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ, in my life, and in my family's life, is too big, too amazing, too miraculous to keep to myself. There is a whole world of communication via facebook, blogs etc... why not take advantage?
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. - 1 Timothy 1:15-17
I try to pray everyday for opportunities to tell other people about all the great things Christ has done in my life, and He is faithful, as always, to answer my prayers. I feel that this blog is just another opportunity to connect and share with others. If it's the Lord's will, people will read it and it will be a light somehow, if it's not, then I won't continue; but I'm gonna give it a shot. Even if only one person is encouraged or inspired to seek the true Love of Jesus Christ, than I think it's totally worth it.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Here are a few warnings: I am notorious for run-on sentences, being random, and having bad grammar and spelling in general. So I just wanted to get that disclaimer out there before I begin this word journey.
What to expect: Just plain old thoughts and testimonials about my life as a servant of Jesus Christ, a wife and a mom.

Over all, I just want to connect with other people, share the story that has been graciously given to me, and have fun!

1 comment: